DigitalEd (“DigitalEd”, “We” or “us”) is concerned about protecting the personal information (personal information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual) it gathers about the users, visitors and customers (collectively, “Users”, and individually a “User”) of our websites, including without limitation, www.digitaled.com (the “Web Site”), our online store (the “Web Store”), other DigitalEd web pages, software, services and products (collectively, referred to as the “Services”).
We believe that individuals have the right to be informed about the information being collected about them and about its intended use. Individuals also have the right to review information being retained and the means to update and correct it.
To help you better understand how your personal information is protected at DigitalEd, we are providing you with the following statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describing our practices and policies with respect to the privacy of User information. In the event you terminate your relationship with us, or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice.
The DigitalEd Web Site
When you are visiting and/or using the Services, as applicable, we want you to feel secure that DigitalEd is respecting your privacy. The only private information we have about you is the information you choose to give us by filling out a form or an order.
The Services use "cookies" to record basic information entered on some forms and to record "shopping baskets" in the Web Store. A cookie is a piece of data that identifies you as a unique user. DigitalEd uses this information to better serve all visitors as we improve the content and design of the Services, and to enhance the convenience of using the Services by reducing redundant information entry for Users.
DigitalEd recognizes that appropriate protection and management of personal information is critical and is responsible for any personal information in its possession or custody. We have adopted the following privacy principles for the protection of the personal information of Users.
- DigitalEd will provide Users with easily understood information about its policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- DigitalEd will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is needed for valid business purposes, or to comply with applicable law, and any such data will be obtained only by lawful and fair means.
- DigitalEd will only collect personal data with the explicit consent of the User.
- The User may withdraw their consent and/or request DigitalEd to erase their personal data at any time by contacting DigitalEd’s privacy officer.
- DigitalEd will strive to maintain the accuracy of personal information, including establishing mechanisms allowing Users to have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information.
- Users may request a copy of their personal data at any time by contacting DigitalEd’s privacy officer. A monetary charge may apply.
- DigitalEd will not disclose personal information to third parties, unless:
DigitalEd uses contractual or other means to provide protection for the personally identifiable information that is disclosed third parties.
DigitalEd has measures in place to protect against the loss or theft of personal information and will notify users within 72 hours of becoming aware of any data breach.
- The User requests it;
- The data is provided to help complete a user-initiated transaction;
- The disclosure is required by law;
- The User has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure and has agreed to it;
- The User has purchased a third party product. For these purchases, User contact information will be provided to the third party product developer in order for them to fulfill their support and service obligations to the User; or
- Where the User is a resident of a jurisdiction other than Canada or the United States, DigitalEd may also disclose personal information to our authorized third party partner located in the jurisdiction where the User resides. Please visit support to view a list of our authorized third party partners by jurisdiction.
DigitalEd operates multiple commercial subscription-based email lists that interested parties can opt-in or opt-out of at any time from the email management area of the DigitalEd web site.
From time to time, DigitalEd may create new subscription-based commercial email lists and may pre-populate these lists with existing DigitalEd email list subscribers, based on subscriber profiles. If you are not already a DigitalEd email subscriber, you will not be added to any newly created DigitalEd email lists.
If you are a DigitalEd customer, and/or you have communicated with DigitalEd within the past 2 years, you may periodically receive emails from DigitalEd staff or from a DigitalEd email account ending with @digitaled.com, including emails such as new product updates, security updates, technical updates, customer service updates, and other commercial email communications considered relevant to you, based on your customer or contact profile.
If you would prefer to never receive commercial emails from DigitalEd, you have the option to remove yourself from all present and future email lists by globally unsubscribing here, or by emailing email@example.com. You may still subscribe to any DigitalEd email list after globally unsubscribing, and by doing so you will be removed from the global unsubscribe list and put on the list(s) that you subscribe to.
Emails verifying opt-in and opt-out requests are automatically sent to the recipient after each email subscription update.
DigitalEd will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is protected from unauthorized access and disclosure, including limited access to such data only to those employees with a business need to know. DigitalEd will apply these principles regardless of the specific technologies employed for data collection and use.
DigitalEd has reviewed the requirements of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and we have identified nothing in any DigitalEd product or service that could prevent or impede a school from complying with the FERPA requirements.
PCI DSS Compliance
DigitalEd is Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) compliant and has completed Self-Assessment Questionnaire A and Attestation of Compliance. If you require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ask questions or express concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com, or by postal mail at:
DigitalEd’s Privacy Officer
630 Weber Street North,